Various degrees of optimizations for parallelized hardware means that these test return slightly different results. Overall, though, Don's overclocked machine is able to challenge our Customer Choice configuration...at its base settings.
All bets are off when the Core i5-2500K is overclocked, though. The $1300 configuration simply cannot take on that challenge.
- The Ultimate Honor: A Top Reader Ranking
- The Honored List: Your Picks, Picked By Tom's
- Building Your Beast
- Tuning The Components By Overclocking
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: Skyrim And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Paying The Price In Power And Efficiency
- So, Is The Customer Always Right?