Loading A Race In F1 2011
|Overall Statistics||F1 2011: Race Loading|
|Read Operations||3 757|
|Data Read||417.70 MB|
|Data Written||6.65 MB|
|Disk Busy Time||1.03 s|
|Average Data Rate||413.59 MB/s|
We didn't spend a lot of time ranking up our player profile, which is why we went straight to a Grand Prix event. The wait time isn't that long, because most of it is loaded sequentially.
However, a majority of the transfers are smaller than 128 KB, which imposes a bottleneck. This negates the speed up you'd expect from higher queue depths on a SSD. As a result, a hard drive equipped system won't perform all too different given our experience here with a Vertex 3.
- 30% of all operations are 32 KB in transfer size
- 43% of all operations are 128 KB in transfer size
- 35% of all operations occur at a queue depth of one
- 65% of all operations occur between queue depths of two and four
- 88% of all operations are sequential