Our highest resolution takes a big performance hit out of both machines in Just Cause 2, but the results are still smooth.
The new system’s improved driver appears to help it out when we crank up the eye candy. These are the settings where graphics cards become a tighter bottleneck than the CPU or RAM.
Metro 2033 punishes our cards at 2560x1600, particularly when Depth of Field is enabled. We really wanted at least one game to go beyond the limits of our best system, and this is where that happens.
- A True Enthusiast Build?
- Motherboard And Case
- CPU Cooler And Optical Drive
- CPU And Graphics
- System Storage And Memory
- Secondary Storage And Power
- Hardware Installation
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra 2011
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Value Conclusion