Intel I865G - Extreme Graphics 2, Continued
Intel's i865G reserves chunk of system memory either 1, 4, 8 16 or 32 MB in size as its video memory. If necessary, the driver can also allocate up to 32 MB more memory via DirectAGP, the same way an application would. When the additional memory is no longer required, it is released again and made available to the operating system. This puts the chip's maximum available memory at 64 MB. Intel calls this technique "Dynamic Video Memory Technology 2.0."
The Gigabyte GA-8IG 1000 PRO with Intel i865G
The i865G Northbridge
Technical Specifications of the i865G:
- 256 bit GPU (DirectX7)
- Core Frequency: 266 MHz
- Memory: 64 MB max.
- Available Memory Speeds: Dual-channel DDR266/333/400 (Motherboard settings)
- Up to 4 textures / pixel on a single pass
- 32bpp/ 24ZorW/ 8 Stencil
- Multi-texture, 2kx2k texture max., Cube reflection textures, Render-to-texture, Projected textures, DOT3 bump-mapping, Destination alpha blend, Point sprites, Per pixel fog, Alpha blended sub-picture support, DXTn & FXT1 texture compression
- Anisotropic filtering (2x)
- DVD Hardware motion compensation
- Dual display
- 350 MHz RAMDAC
- OS Support: Windows XP / 2000 (Service Pack 1 and later) / Me (Millennium Edition), 98 SE (Second Edition), NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6 and later); Linux ; OS/2 Warp 3.0 / 4.0
- 3D Support: DirectX 7, OpenGL v1.1
Current page: Intel I865G - Extreme Graphics 2, ContinuedPrev Page Intel I865G - Extreme Graphics 2 Next Page Driver
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Join the experts who read Tom's Hardware for the inside track on enthusiast PC tech news — and have for over 25 years. We'll send breaking news and in-depth reviews of CPUs, GPUs, AI, maker hardware and more straight to your inbox.