Once again, we encounter the 3DMark conundrum, where its GPU and CPU tests don’t fully account for the real-world differences several games show when graphics card bandwidth is reduced. Yet, some games don’t utilize bandwidth as effectively as others, and Futuremark could point to those games as proof of its benchmark’s relevance.
While PCIe scaling isn’t a big part of 3DMark’s score, we’re happy to see the GPU performance increase by 91% at this benchmark’s 1920x1200 “Extreme” preset.
- The PCIe Bottleneck?
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- PCIe Scaling: 3DMark Vantage
- PCIe Scaling: Alien Vs. Predator
- PCIe Scaling: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- PCIe Scaling: Crysis
- PCIe Scaling: DiRT 2
- PCIe Scaling: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- PCIe Scaling Summary
- SLI Scaling: 3DMark Vantage
- SLI Scaling: Alien Vs. Predator
- SLI Scaling: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- SLI Scaling: Crysis
- SLI Scaling: DiRT 2
- SLI Scaling: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- SLI Scaling Summary