We're accustomed to Far Cry 3 leaning hard on graphics resources; the scaling of our chart suggests that overhead associated with SLI might be slowing my dual-GPU machine down, though. That ceiling disappears at 5760x1080, as GPU performance finally becomes the more prominent limiting factor.
Paul's $750 build also appears bottlenecked, and again that’s probably due to a CPU limitation. Armed with a weaker single GPU, its bottleneck disappears at 4800x900.
The Ultra preset puts even more stress on the GPUs, making the $2400 machine’s bottleneck less apparent at 1600x900. Paul's box achieves its 1920x1080 goal. In fact, Paul even says that a drop to 2x AA makes enough of a difference to play at 4800x900.
- Three Strong Systems Face Off
- Benchmark And Overclocking Configurations
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 4
- Results: Arma 3
- Results: Grid 2
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power Consumption And Heat
- Overall Performance And Efficiency
- Picking A Performance-Value Winner