Audio encoding applications like Lame and iTunes really show a dramatic performance increase when it comes to the Core i5 system.
The video-encoding applications continue the story of the Core i5's strong performance, although the Phenom II CPU shines much better in the MainConcept benchmark than it does in TMPGEnc.
While our Benchmarking Windows 7 article suggested that TMPGEnc might demonstrate longer encoding times with the new OS when using the DivX codec, we have since seen results that suggest this phenomenon might only occur with Hyper-Threading-capable CPUs. If this is the case, our results remain comparable.
- System Builder Marathon: $1,300 Enthusiast System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Case
- Video Cards And Power Supply
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Game Benchmarks: First-Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks: Real-Time Strategy And Flight Sim
- Game Benchmarks: Role-Playing Game
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks