3DMark Vantage--Power and Efficiency
We divided the 3DMark score by the total power used in watt-hours, giving a nice efficiency score in performance per watt, which the dual-core dominates. Four cores don’t give much of a benefit here, especially since the dual-core runs at faster clock speeds.
PCMark Vantage--Power And Efficiency
Next, we did the same with PCMark Vantage. Interestingly, the Core 2 Duo E8500 and the Core 2 Quad Q8200s show exactly the same performance per watt in this benchmark. The Q9550s is superior, as it delivers more performance at a slight increase in power consumption.
Check prices for Intel's Core 2 Quad Q9400S
- Four Cores For The Power Consumption Of Two
- The Core 2 Quad S-Series
- Efficiency: Pay Attention To The Power Supply!
- Test Setup And Synthetic Benchmark Results
- 3D And Game Benchmarks
- Audio/Video Benchmark Results
- Application Benchmark Results
- Power Consumption And Power Supply Impact
- Power And Efficiency With 3DMark And PCMark Vantage