Sandra XII is far more advanced than PC Mark 2005, and shows off the quad-core goodness of the former System Builder Marathon PC.
Intel often leads AMD in the standardization of multimedia extensions, yet it’s still surprising to see the $500 Gaming PC’s overclocked dual-core with so large an advantage over the SBM system’s quad.
Once again we see the advantage of the overclocked $500 machine’s high FSB, which was also enhanced by dropping the memory’s timings slightly. Both machines used the same RAM!
- Will It Game?
- Overclocking Details
- Test Configuration
- Benchmark Results: Crysis, Prey
- Supreme Commander, UT3, Warhammer
- Audio: iTunes, Lame MP3
- Applications: 3DS Max, Cinema4D, Photoshop, AVG, WinRAR
- Synthetics: 3D Mark 2006
- PC Mark 2005
- Sandra XII
- Average Performance Differences
- Performance Per Dollar, Conclusion