In iTunes and Lame, both of which are single-threaded, Turbo Boost propels the Core i5 even further ahead of last quarter's fixed 2.9 GHz frequency. Because we used a Sandy Bridge-based Pentium, we weren't afforded any overclocking.
HandBrake and TotalCode Studio enjoy an even larger lead thanks to the Core i5's higher clock rate and quad-core architecture.
- Gunning For Gold At $600
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembling Our Budget-Oriented Box
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Results: Synthetics
- Results: Battlefield 3 And The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: F1 2012 And Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: Compression
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Gaming Performance Summary
- Did We Accomplish Our Mission?