We already reviewed the X58 3X SLI in our $300+ motherboard comparison, but EVGA now offers the same motherboard under a different model number at a lower price.
The difference between the $300+ and sub-$300 model numbers is that the more expensive package includes a lifetime warranty and EVGA trade-up program, while the cheaper package comes with a 1-year warranty (extends to 2-years with registration) and no trade-up program.
This is a true 3-way SLI board with automatic switches to change it from x16/x0/x16 to x8/x8/x16 PCI-Express 2.0 pathways, providing twice the bandwidth to the slowest slot compared to competing x16/x16/x4 configurations. We’re including its test results in today’s comparison, but you’ll have to read the original article for complete details on its layout, features, BIOS, and software.
Check prices for EVGA's X58 3X SLI
- Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back
- ASRock X58 SuperComputer
- X58 SuperComputer BIOS, Software And Accessories
- Asus P6T
- P6T BIOS, Software And Accessories
- Biostar TPower X58
- TPower X58 BIOS, Software And Accessories
- DFI LANParty DK X58-T3eH6
- X58-T3eH6 BIOS, Software And Accessories
- EVGA X58 3X SLI
- Foxconn Renaissance
- Renaissance BIOS, Software, And Accessories
- MSI X58 Platinum SLI
- X58 Platinum SLI BIOS, Software, And Accessories
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Power, Heat, And Overclocking