While the stock Core i7 system is in the same league as the overclocked Core i5 machine, the overclocked Core i7 brings power usage to new heights. There is a definite trade-off here, and the Core i5 looks to be a better choice for efficiency.
The Core i7 system shows a definite benefit here, but keep in mind that the Core i5-750 is saddled with the stock cooler to keep the system under its budget.
- The Components
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks