Just Cause 2 is another title with DirectX 11 features that typically tax graphics subsystems. But we've never really used it as a primary metric for comparing entry-level processors, either.
As it turns out, Just Cause 2 appears to be the first game in our suite that really takes advantage of a large cache. The Phenom II processors finally show a small (but consistent) advantage over the Sandy Bridge-based Core i3 models, with the Phenom II X4 970 achieving parity with the Core i5-2300. This game doesn’t seem to utilize more than three CPU cores, given that the Athlon II X3 455 achieves the same result as the Athlon II X4 645.
- The Sandy Bridge Factor
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Lost Planet 2
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: StarCraft 2
- Benchmark Results: Multitasking
- Conclusion: Sandy Bridge Has Game