Using a relatively safe 1.80 volt setting, the DDR3-1333 test modules reached the following "best stable timings" at 1600 MHz, 1333 MHz and 1066 MHz data rates.
|Lowest Stable Latencies at 1.80 Volts|
|Aeneon X-Tune DDR3-1333||9-8-8-15||8-7-6-13||6-5-5-10||8-8-8-15|
|Kingston HyperX PC3-11000||Failed||7-7-6-13||6-6-5-12||8-8-8-24|
|Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10600||9-7-6-15||8-6-6-12||6-5-4-9||8-8-8-24|
|OCZ Platinum PC3-10666||8-7-6-15||6-5-4-12||4-4-3-9||7-7-7-20|
|OCZ ReaperX PC3-10666||8-7-6-13||6-5-4-12||5-4-3-8||6-5-5-18|
|Super Talent PC3-10600||7-6-6-13||6-5-5-10||5-4-4-9||8-8-8-18|
|Wintec AMPX PC3-10600||8-7-6-15||6-5-4-12||5-4-3-9||9-9-9-24|
OCZ pulls amazing 4-4-3-9 timings at a 1066 MHz data rate, while the potentially lower-cost Wintec AMPX finds itself in a three-way tie with both OCZ kits at DDR3-1333. Overclockers looking for the lowest latency might prefer Super Talent's 7-6-6-13 timings at a 1600 MHz data rate.
Patriots DDR3-1333 had reached a stable 1652 MHz data rate on Gigabyte's top-end P35 motherboard, but the Asus Maximus Extreme's X38 chipset appears to be just a little more finicky. The modules didn't even reach a 1600 MHz data rate on the newer platform, but tied for second place in DDR3-1333 latencies.
Lower latencies are meant to improve system performance, so let's consider what the benchmarks can tell us.
- The New Mainstream Standard?
- Tomorrow's Bandwidth...Today!
- Speed Vs. Latency: Myths And Facts
- 10 Kits For Your Consideration
- Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10600
- Kingston HyperX PC3-11000
- Mushkin Enhanced EM3-10666
- OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum Edition
- OCZ PC3-10666 ReaperX HPC Enhanced Bandwidth
- PDP Patriot Extreme Performance PC3-10666 Low Latency
- Super Talent PC3-10600 CL8
- Wintec AMPX PC3-10600
- SPD Timing Comparison
- Test Settings: Overclocking Comparison
- Overclocking Results
- Overclocking Results, Continued
- Boot Straps, I.e., Intel's "Wrench In The Works"
- Test Settings: Lowest Stable Latencies
- Test Settings: Lowest Stable Latencies, Continued
- Lowest Latency Test Results
- Lowest Latency Benchmark Results
- Audio Conversion
- Synthetics, Continued