The Ivy Bridge architecture's advancements aren't enough to compensate for the Core i5-3570K's four cores compared to Core i7-3930K's six. Of course, it's still likely that we'll see some real-world numbers that favor today's system, if only because Sandra is better at extracting potential performance from our platforms, whereas real-world apps often lack the optimizations needed to fully utilize available resources.
Today's build achieves more than half of Wednesday's system's memory bandwidth, even though it only has half as many channels and operates at a lower data rate.
- Opening The Floodgates: 5760x1080 And More Graphics
- Budget Stretchers: The Motherboard And Power Supply
- Economizers: CPU, CPU Cooler, And RAM
- Breaking Point: Graphics Cards And Case
- SSD, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Building Our Graphics-Oriented Beast
- CPU And GPU Overclocking
- Overclocked System and Benchmark Configurations
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which $2000 Machine Is Right For You?