Wednesday Nvidia released a new set of beta drivers that supposedly resolves the fan speed issue caused by the previous 196.75 WHQL driver release. Listed as GeForce 197.13 beta, this new set also adds support for ION, GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
To download the beta drivers, head here. For more information on what these beta offers, here's the changelog:
- Adds support for Next Generation ION.
- Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 184.108.40.206 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
* Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU.
* Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology.
* Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X. with single GPU.
* Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X. with SLI technology.
* Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU.
* Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology.
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.