The Antec case is extremely well constructed and finished. All its edges and corners passed the cucumber test with flying colors. The only problem is that the lightweight metal scratches easily.
Perfect construction : no sharp edges.
Too bad that the aluminum case picks up scratches so easily - once there, they’ll never come out...
- Very light weight
- Edges filed down
- Vibration absorption for 120 mm system fan
- Display for interior temperature
- Motherboard tray
- Vibration absorption for HDD trays
- Only accommodates four hard drives
- 5.25" drive rails only have one hole
- Does not ship with a second 120 mm fan
No one had ever thought of a second front panel for the drives. That is, until Antec came along.
In sum, the case appears to be very well designed. Installation is easy and safe. Thanks to the use of ultra-thin aluminum, the empty case weighs in at only 13 pounds - perfect for LAN party goers. A second 120 mm fan would have been a welcome addition - it is conspicuous by its absence. At least Antec did think of another front bevel for another CD or DVD drive.