Firefox 3.6 is Almost Done, RC1 Download Here
Yes, we're using that picture again.
Congratulations Firefox 3.5, you're the most popular browser version in the world… until the next one comes out, that is, and that will be very soon now!
Over the weekend, Mozilla released what could be the final version of Firefox 3.6. Those who have been running the Firefox 3.6 beta will notice that your browser will have updated itself to the Release Candidate. Before reaching this milestone, Firefox 3.6 went through five beta versions.
Mozilla says that this new release candidate may update itself periodically, and will eventually be exactly the same as the final Firefox 3.6 release itself.
New upgrades in Firefox 3.6 over 3.5 are:
* Users can change the browser’s appearance with a single click using Personas.
* Firefox 3.6 alerts users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
* Changes to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
* Improved automatic form fill provides better options from your form history.
* Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
* Support for the WOFF font format.
* The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
* Support for the HTML5 File API
* Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.