Memory performance seems to be much better with the Core 2 Duo as well, mostly because of the faster and larger L2 cache, but also because of the faster DDR2 memory speeds the Core 2 Duo system offers.
PCMark05 says that the Core 2 Duo E7200 offers 3.76x more processing power than the Atom 230 does.
The graphics score is closer to each other and is a bit skewed because the G31’s graphics engine is faster than the one on the Atom 230’s 945GC chipset. In addition, memory speed is faster on the G31 solution, which should also have an impact.
Overall, PCMark05 reports a 2.45x performance benefit of the Core 2 Duo E7200 over the Atom 230.
- Atom Just Isn’t For Desktops
- Atom or Core 2?
- Intel Atom: ECS 945GCT-D
- Core 2 Duo E7200 and Foxconn G31MG-S
- The Power Supply Matters!
- Power Consumption With Different PSUs
- Test Setup and Benchmarks
- Application Benchmark Results
- Synthetic Benchmark Results
- SYSmark 2004 Results
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency and Performance per Watt