Microsoft has detailed its retail store expansion plans for 2013, with the firm announcing it'll open a total of six stores.
The stores will be situated in the following locations:
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
- Dadeland Mall, Miami, Fla.
- Beachwood Place, Beachwood, Ohio
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
- City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis.
During 2012, the software giant opened 51 stores, but it included a number of "pop-up" stores across the U.S. during the holiday season in an effort to promote Windows 8 and its Surface tablet.
The six new stores will see the company boasting 37 full retail locations in the U.S. and Canada. The firm is also reportedly looking to expand its retail presence into Europe.
Comparatively, Apple has 250 retail stores in the U.S. and 140 internationally as of September. Average revenue per store was $51.5 million during the fiscal year 2012, a increase of 19 percent from a year ago.