Skip to main content

AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X Is Now Only $516: Real Deals

Real Deals
(Image credit: Future)

You can get your hands on AMD's flagship 5950X CPU for only $516 (opens in new tab) at the moment. This processor is an absolute beast on large workloads and great for tasks such as video rendering. Check out our CPU hierarchy (opens in new tab) for more details on this CPU and our review of the 5950X (opens in new tab) for its pros and cons.

Grab a great deal on Gigabyte's Aero 16-inch 4K OLED gaming laptop that's been reduced to just $1,599 (opens in new tab).  Featuring Intel's 12th Gen Alder Lake CPU and a powerful Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti, this laptop can power the latest software on its high-res screen.

For makers and crafters out there, you can save big on an Anycubic Mega X 3D Printer for only $339 (opens in new tab) while supplies last. This printer has a large print bed and is perfect for those big projects and chunky prints. 

More great deals on monitors and laptops are below.  

TL;DR — Today’s Best Deals

Today’s best deals in detail

(opens in new tab)

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X CPU: was $799, now $516 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
A great low price on Amazon for this Ryzen 9 5950X. AMD's flagship CPU comes with 16 cores and 32 threads, with core clock speeds up to 4.9GHz. This AM4 socket chip also has 64MB of L3 cache and a low-power TDP of 105W. 

(opens in new tab)

Gigabyte AERO 16-Inch 4K AMOLED Gaming Laptop: was $2,349, now $1,599 at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
This model of Gigabytes AERO line comes with an Intel Core-i7 12700H, an  Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, and 16GB of DDR4 (3200MHz) RAM, and a 1TB SSD. 

(opens in new tab)

Anycubic Mega X 3D Printer: was $579, now $339 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Get that same Anycubic capability but on a far bigger scale at 11.81 x 11.81 x 12 inches. This means you're able to print models that 90% of other 3D printers could not. 

(opens in new tab)

LG 24MP60G-B 24-Inch IPS Monitor: was $170, now $136 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Users holding put for an affordable 24-inch IPS display should check out this offer from Amazon on the LG 24MP60G-B gaming monitor. It has an FHD resolution and a 1ms response time lending to its AMD FreeSync certification.

(opens in new tab)

Gigabyte A5 K1 (RTX3060) Gaming Laptop: was $1,199, now $899 at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
The A5 X1 pairs a Ryzen 7 5600H CPU with Nvidia's GeForce RTX 3060. The laptop also has 16GB of RAM and a 1TB PCIe SSD at its disposal.

Looking for more deals?

Category
Processor
Price
Any Price
Showing 10 of 11 deals
Stewart Bendle
Stewart Bendle

Stewart Bendle is a deals writer at Tom's Hardware. A firm believer in “Bang for the buck” Stewart likes to research the best prices for hardware and build PCs that have a great price for performance ratio.

  • BX4096
    Not much sense in posting these kinds of deals right now. Any prudent buyer would rather wait a couple of months for AMD's new line-up to come out and the prices to drop even further.
    Reply
  • Makaveli
    BX4096 said:
    Not much sense in posting these kinds of deals right now. Any prudent buyer would rather wait a couple of months for AMD's new line-up to come out and the prices to drop even further.

    This and I don't really have a need for 16 cores so hard pass.
    Reply
  • Alvar "Miles" Udell
    Stewart Bendle where the heck did you see a 5950X for $516? It's $799 from Amazon and the lowest third party new seller is $540 without Prime. The link takes you to a listing for $620.
    Reply
  • Steweh
    Prices fluctuate all the time as you know. At the time of publishing the CPU was indeed only $516. These deals don't last forever and we can't predict when they will change or how long they will last unless it is stated by the seller.
    Reply
  • drivinfast247
    Makaveli said:
    This and I don't really have a need for 16 cores so hard pass.
    Oh man, that's not good news! When the author wrote that article, he/she was hoping specifically that Makaveli needed 16 cores. The article should just be deleted as it no longer serves any worthwhile purpose.
    Reply
  • TerryLaze
    BX4096 said:
    Not much sense in posting these kinds of deals right now. Any prudent buyer would rather wait a couple of months for AMD's new line-up to come out and the prices to drop even further.
    Prices would only drop further if amd would keep producing the older CPUs or if there where a huge stock pile, as there often is with lower end intel cpus, all the retailers will do deep sales before the new line-up comes out to get rid of left over stock, after the new ones come out prices of the older gen will probably even go up as people that want to upgrade wont have any other option other than used parts where you newer know if they have been treated well or not.

    The new line-up will probably have a better performance per dollar but you would also need a whole new system.
    Reply
  • cyrusfox
    TerryLaze said:
    Prices would only drop further if amd would keep producing the older CPUs or if there where a huge stock pile, as there often is with lower end intel cpus, all the retailers will do deep sales before the new line-up comes out to get rid of left over stock, after the new ones come out prices of the older gen will probably even go up as people that want to upgrade wont have any other option other than used parts where you newer know if they have been treated well or not.

    The new line-up will probably have a better performance per dollar but you would also need a whole new system.
    As 5000 series is the last tier that supports AM4, AMD will keep producing them through 2023, While the margin for the product will be lower, the 5950x as well as the 5800x3d will still hold a premium due to their halo status on that socket. Same phenomena can plainly be seen for i7-4790k,7700k,i9-9900k,10900k, All which hold value for way longer than they should compared to much better modern options.
    Reply
  • Makaveli
    drivinfast247 said:
    Oh man, that's not good news! When the author wrote that article, he/she was hoping specifically that Makaveli needed 16 cores. The article should just be deleted as it no longer serves any worthwhile purpose.

    lol quote where I wrote that applies to everyone.

    Obviously i'm speaking about myself.

    Maybe time to go get a coffee or something and get off the computer.
    Reply