There is no continuous progress in access time, but the differences aren’t very significant.
Write access time is entirely different than the read access results.
The newest Deskstar 7K1000.C provides top performance in most I/O tests.
- Less Platters, More Performance, Better Efficiency
- Deskstar 7K1000 (Five Platters, 2007)
- Deskstar 7K1000.B (Three Platters, 2008)
- Third Generation 7K1000.C (Two Platters, 2009)
- Test Setup And Throughput Comparison Diagram
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Streaming
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Efficiency And Noise Level
- Comparison Table And Conclusion