It is here that the quad-CrossFire setup pays the price for its unique approach with high-power usage. Compare this to the new Radeon HD 5850s coupled with the efficient Core i5 processor and a much lower power draw. The winner here is obvious.
The temperature benchmark shows us the price we pay for not having room in the budget for an aftermarket CPU cooler. Intel's Core i5 CPUs, like the Core i7 before it, will get as hot as you're willing to push them.
- System Builder Marathon: $1,300 Enthusiast System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Case
- Video Cards And Power Supply
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Game Benchmarks: First-Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks: Real-Time Strategy And Flight Sim
- Game Benchmarks: Role-Playing Game
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks