More Honorable Mentions: Assorted Multi-Card Configurations
The Radeon R9 290 delivers such compelling frame rates that we find it hard to recommend multi-card configurations able to serve up better performance per dollar, since they sometimes suffer from inconsistent results in comparison to a graphics card with a single GPU.
We'll call out some of the most viable options though, mostly for folks with one of these cards already installed: two GeForce GTX 660s in SLI for $360, two GeForce GTX 760s in SLI for $480, two GeForce GTX 770s in SLI for $660, and finally, two Radeon R9 290s in CrossFire for $780.
- Best Graphics Cards for the Money, August Updates
- Best Entry-Level Graphics Cards: $140 and Under
- Best Mid-Range Graphics Cards: $145 to $200
- Best Enthusiast Graphics Cards: $210 to $390
- Best High-End Graphics Cards: $400 to $800
- Best Extreme Graphics Cards: Over $800 and Multi-Card Configurations
- Graphics Card Performance Hierarchy Chart
- Conclusion: Performance Per Dollar