These are our final application benchmarks. AVG is a virus scanner, and WinRAR is a file compression utility. Both of these applications provide some hefty work for the mid-range system. The AVG benchmark involves a scan of 3.82 GB worth of files and folders, many of which are very small.
The mid-range system completes the task in slightly over 8 minutes. Next the WinRAR bench shows how quickly the system can compress a 642 MB folder.
While it's nice to know that the mid-range can do the compression task in about two-and-a-half minutes, we really are looking forward to seeing performance on this benchmark as compared with the other two builds in our System Builder Marathon.
The gaming benchmarks can tell us a lot, and they're coming up next...
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 CPU
- Motherboard: ASUS P5N-T Deluxe
- Cooler, Memory, Hard Drive, And Case
- Power Supply, Optical Drive, And Video Card!
- Test System & Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks - Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks - 2d And 3d Rendering
- Application Benchmarks - Productivity
- Game Benchmarks - First Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks - First Person Shooters, Continued
- Game Benchmarks - Real-Time Strategy