Welcome to THG's new Graphics & Displays Guide, a standalone Web site dedicated to graphics cards, displays and video technologies. Fully integrated with THG's homepage, Graphics & Displays Guide builds on THG's content by offering even more information, news and reviews on graphics- and display-related topics.
Look And Feel
The style and layout of the new Guide represents a modern version of THG's tried-and-true design. Readers can access the Guide and its content through the main THG Web site or go directly to the URL of the Guide at graphics.tomshardware.com.
The site layout comprises a "Top Articles" section, which lists the most recent articles at the top of the page. On the right, the "Featured Articles" section offers the most important articles posted during recent weeks. At the bottom of the home page, the Guide offers the latest items picked up from Tom's Hard News on graphics, displays and video.
The far right column of the page lists the Guide's most recent articles in chronological order. If you use the new Guide as your start page, you'll still be able to keep on top of the latest articles from Tom's Hardware Guide, which are listed in the far right column below "Recent Articles." An archive of all articles from the Graphics & Display Guide is also found on the lower half of the page, organized by category in the familiar layout of the original Tom's Hardware Guide.
Graphics Cards, Displays, Video And More
As the main topics of the new Guide indicate, we bring you extensive articles about the newest technologies and put the latest products through exhaustive testing to help you make the right purchasing decisions.
- Graphics: The graphics card is by far the most important PC component for gamers, and it is just as important for office users as well. Nowadays, nothing is more difficult and confusing than choosing the right graphics card from a sea of different manufacturers.
- Displays: Closely tied to graphics performance is the choice of an appropriate display, which serves as the link between the user and PC. However, a good display for office applications is by no means ideal for playing fast PC games, and vice versa. We thus help steer you away from purchasing the wrong kind of display, which can be disastrous.
- Video: Video is a common denominator for graphics cards and displays. The continual progress of digital TV puts the PC in direct competition with traditional TV and video devices.
- QuickBytes: This is where you can catch the latest and hottest information of the industry, as well as brief reviews of the latest products. We bring you compact, up-to-date reports on new hardware, software, new product series from individual manufacturers and interviews with the suppliers.
- Graphics & Display News: We offer the latest graphics, display and video-related news from Tom's Hard News, to stay on top of the latest industry developments.
An Open Invitation
More information, more fun, more of everything - without sacrificing THG's tried-and-tested quality. That's the concept behind the new Graphics & Display Guide. We invite you to visit us at: graphics.tomshardware.com
Lars Weinand - Managing Editor Graphics & Displays Guide