AVG has traditionally shown us odd results and today’s testing provides no exception. The program not only appears to ignore Hyper-Threading, but it also seems to take little advantage from the Core i7’s high overclock, resulting in a slightly lower result than the Core i5 750 managed to achieve (Ed.: which is why we're doing away with this test; post-version 9, it's no longer a good performance measurement).
The Core i5 system didn’t appear to realize much of a benefit from overclocking, while the Core i7 system achieved a huge performance increase.
As with HandBrake, 7-Zip is a new addition to our application benchmarking suite, and we therefore have no comparative data from the previous Core i5 system.
- The Components
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks