Depending on the particular benchmark section of PCMark Vantage, the US dual core system or the German quad core system show advantages:
The gaming results benefit from the faster clock speed of the dual core CPU used on the team USA system.
Overall, the US system based on the Core 2 Duo E8500 and 3.16 GHz provides the better performance when compared to the Core 2 Quad Q6600 used by the German team. However, overclocking the quad core to 3+ GHz moves it very much to the level of the E8500.
- Tom’s Cheap Computing Challenge--The Shootout
- Team Germany: CPU And Motherboard
- Team Germany: RAM And Graphics
- Team Germany: Hard Drive, Optical Drive
- Team Germany: Case, PSU and Cooler
- USA Versus Germany Comparison Table, Test Setup
- Results: PCMark Vantage
- 3DMark Vantage, 3D Games
- Results: Audio/Video, Applications
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency And Conclusion