The 16.2 ms average access time is a good result; most 5,400 RPM drives are slower.
Although the drive’s positioning and technical details—such as the 5,400 RPM spindle speed—don’t make this a server or workstation product, it does surprisingly well in our I/O performance tests. The only drives that delivered better I/O performance were those running at 7,200 RPM.
- Squeezing 500 GB Onto Two Platters
- WD Scorpio Blue 500 GB Details (WD5000BEVT)
- Test Setup And Transfer Diagram
- Throughput And Interface Performance
- Access Time and I/O Performance
- Application Benchmarks
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency With Workstation I/O
- Efficiency With Streaming Reads
- Efficiency With Video Playback & Conclusion