We measure interface performance to verify the maximum throughput when data is read or written to the drive's cache memory. However, this number has very little relevance in everyday life, since most data is not read from the cache.
- Will 1.8" Hard Drives Do The Job?
- PMR: Perpendicular Magnetic Recording
- Comparing The Candidates
- Hitachi TravelStar C4K60: 1.8", 30 GB
- Toshiba MK8007GAH: 1.8", 80 GB
- Toshiba MK4007GAL: 1.8", 40 GB
- Test Setup
- Data Transfer Performance
- Access Time
- Interface Performance
- I/O Performance
- Application Performance