Skip to main content

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Down to $399, Its Lowest Ever Price: Real Deals

Real Deals
(Image credit: Future)

AMD's Ryzen 9 5900X is down to its lowest price on Amazon at $399. Competition from Intel's 12th Gen Alder Lake CPUs and new AMD processors on the horizon are helping to promote lower prices. 

HyperX's Cloud II gaming headset is only $56 at the moment, which is a steal for such a great all-around set of cans. And if you're looking to power a 3090 Ti or just want some more power in your rig, then you can get Corsair's HX1000 1000W PSU from Newegg for $174.

We have more deals to share, so make sure you check down below for more details.

TL;DR — Today’s Best Deals

Today’s best deals in detail

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X: was $569, now $399 at Amazon
The 5900X is a 12-core, 24-thread unlocked desktop processor from AMD. This CPU can go up to 4.8 GHz on max boost. AMD's Ryzen 9 5900X also features 70 MB of cache and a TDP of only 105W. There is, however, no cooler included in this retail box version, and a socket AM4 platform is needed for this processor.

HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Gaming Headset: was $99, now $56 at Amazon
A comfortable gaming headset is a must, no matter what gaming platform you've chosen. The HyperX Cloud II offers a comfortable ergonomic design with fantastic 7.1 virtual surround sound, impressive bass due to the large 53mm drivers, and removable mic.

Corsair HX1000 1000W Power Supply: was $254, now $174 at Newegg
This ATX 12V PSU from Corsair is fully modular and 80-plus platinum certified. Have a look at our HX1000 review for more details.

Lenovo Legion 5 17-inch (RTX 3070): was $1,830, now $1,549 at Lenovo using coupon code SPRINGDEALS10
This model of the Lenovo Legion 5 has an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, an RTX 3070 GPU, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB PCIe SSD. The 17-inch screen is an FHD 144Hz IPS panel.

Asus Prime Z690-P (DDR5) Motherboard: was $249, now $198 at Amazon
This socket LGA 1700 motherboard from Asus is compatible with DDR5 RAM and features three M.2 slots as well as built-in Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth. For cooling purposes, the VRM and M.2 slots come complete with large heatsinks. 

Looking for more deals?

Category
Brand
Processor
RAM
Storage Size
Screen Size
Colour
Price
Any Price
Showing 10 of 52 deals
https://t.myvisualiq.net/impression_pixel?r=hawk-cache&et=i&ago=212&ao=803&aca=123513&si=1943169&ci=234568&pi=356748&ad=-4&advt=1943169&chnl=-4&vndr=1481&sz=8336&u=EncryptedId|1943169|&pt=i
Stewart Bendle
Stewart Bendle

Stewart Bendle is a deals writer at Tom's Hardware. A firm believer in “Bang for the buck” Stewart likes to research the best prices for hardware and build PCs that have a great price for performance ratio.

  • Makaveli
    The price is very good $499 in CAD. Has me tempted to pick one up even though I don't need the extra cores.

    But I will hold best to save money towards an AM5 platform if I go that route.
    Reply
  • sizzling
    Seen it for £366 delivered in the UK with some freebies thrown in.
    Reply
  • spentshells
    Makaveli said:
    The price is very good $499 in CAD. Has me tempted to pick one up even though I don't need the extra cores.

    But I will hold best to save money towards an AM5 platform if I go that route.
    Well, in your case, this is a rare moment where it is worth it.
    Your platform is gonna be a live gaming pc well into "AM5+" You are likely gooed for another 4 years of playing games topped out . The extra cores could keep you live for a while longer, I'd sell your ram and cpu and get the 5900X and some 3733 or better ram. Youre relevant as you stand until the next console release. You might as well jump on this train. If I were you... I would do the upgrade and wait out until DDR5 or DDR6 hits 10,000Mhz .

    I saw your sig and got pretty jealous
    Reply
  • Makaveli
    spentshells said:
    Well, in your case, this is a rare moment where it is worth it.
    Your platform is gonna be a live gaming pc well into "AM5+" You are likely good for another 4 years of playing games topped out . The extra cores could keep you live for a while longer, I'd sell your ram and cpu and get the 5900X and some 3733 or better ram. Youre relevant as you stand until the next console release. You might as well jump on this train. If I were you... I would do the upgrade and wait out until DDR5 or DDR6 hits 10,000Mhz .

    I saw your sig and got pretty jealous

    These are b-die sticks they can run higher clocks I just don't bother to push it as at 3440x1440 at 144hz i'm GPU bound.

    You are correct that the machine in its current state will give good performance for the next few years so I would be more looking at the refresh of Zen4 and not the first revision stuff. And hopefully DDR5 will be in the 8000+ range and abit cheaper, no rush right now to be honest.
    Reply
  • spentshells
    Makaveli said:
    These are b-die sticks they can run higher clocks I just don't bother to push it as at 3440x1440 at 144hz i'm GPU bound.

    You are correct that the machine in its current state will give good performance for the next few years so I would be more looking at the refresh of Zen4 and not the first revision stuff. And hopefully DDR5 will be in the 8000+ range and abit cheaper, no rush right now to be honest.
    @ 1440P you might want faster ram... or overclock you are leaving frames out there.

    Also nice setup.... wanna play csgo?
    ;)
    Reply
  • Makaveli
    spentshells said:
    @ 1440P you might want faster ram... or overclock you are leaving frames out there.

    Also nice setup.... wanna play csgo?
    ;)
    My system is already PBO tuned I do 5.05Ghz single core clocks on my best core. My memory is also tuned cl 14 with sub timings done, i've ran the memory faster than 3200 and while yes there are gain in synthetic benchmarks there were not as big in games. I've checked all this already i've been on this rig for quite some time now.

    Originally build in dec 2019 with a 3800X and 16GB of ram and using a RX580 at the time. 5800x in it since Jan 2021 and 6800 XT and monitor upgrade came in Nov 2021. Also up to 32GB of ram also in sept 2021. Keyboard and mouse upgrades happened in 2022.

    I haven't played csgo in many years. I currently play Halo Multiplayer online :)
    Reply
  • Alvar "Miles" Udell
    Now if only the 5950X would drop to under $500...
    Reply
  • Makaveli
    Alvar Miles Udell said:
    Now if only the 5950X would drop to under $500...

    As soon as Zen 4 drops at the end of this year you will see a nice price drop on the Zen 3 line so that may happen around Christmas.
    Reply
  • Alvar "Miles" Udell
    Makaveli said:
    As soon as Zen 4 drops at the end of this year you will see a nice price drop on the Zen 3 line so that may happen around Christmas.

    It's already on sale for $550, which compared to the $400 5900X is out of balance.
    Reply
  • jacob249358
    It makes me want to build another PC just for funsies. Maybe when I can get a 3080 for under $900
    Reply