With all the buzz about the iPad, you'd think the world had never seen a tablet before. However, there are plenty of other companies with tablets on the market and even more with tablet devices in the works.
Google is targeting the companies who have yet to release a tablet with its Google Chrome OS Tablet UI. Shown off in a clip is a conceptual tablet UI by Google Chrome’s designer Glen Murphy.
Uploaded to the official Google Chromium Projects website this week, the video is described as "visual explorations of how a Chrome OS tablet UI might look in hardware."
Possible features for the UI include:
- Keyboard interaction with the screen: anchored, split, attached to focus.
- Launchers as an overlay, providing touch or search as means to access web sites.
- Contextual actions triggered via dwell.
- Zooming UI for multiple tabs
- Tabs presented along the side of the screen
- Creating multiple browsers on screen using a launcher
The post on the Chromium site also includes several mock-ups of a tablet running Chrome OS. While HTC was rumored to be working on a Google tablet, it is not yet known if these renderings are related to those reports.
For more images, click here.