Splinter Cell: Conviction PC System Requirements
Do you have what it takes (the minimum system requirements) to be Sam Fisher again?
Those wanting to play Splinter Cell: Conviction on their PCs have to be mindful of two things: 1) the system requirements; and 2) Ubisoft's new internet DRM.
Thanks to a listing posted on VG247, we now have the full details on what it takes to run the next chapter of Sam Fisher's adventures.
* Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
* Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
* RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
* Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compliant video card (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c–compliant sound card
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
* DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive
* Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
* Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard, headset, 12-button gamepads with analog sticks
* Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / 7900 / 8 / 9 / GTX series
* ATI RADEON X1800 / X1900 / HD 2000 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
* Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
Note: A permanent high speed internet connection and creation of a Ubisoft account are required to play this video game at all times and to unlock exclusive content. Such content may only be unlocked one single time with a unique key. You must be at least 13 to create a Ubisoft account.
Sadly, even though a demo is hitting Xbox 360 gamers today, PC gamers won't be treated to any try-before-you-buy action.