Windows XP Phone Runs AMD CPU (Specs, Video)
Continue to run the modern classic OS from inside your pocket.
The latest generation of smartphones all come with some promise of an amazing array of applications that will completely change your life. Each one boasts variety and quality, be it the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace – but as far as operating systems go, they're still no match for the application populous of Windows.
Back in September, we learned that Chinese company ITG was working on a smartphone that would run Windows XP. (See here for the original story.)
Here are the specs:
- CPU: AMD Super Mobile CPU
- Memory: 512M/1G
- SSD: 8G/16G/32G/64G
- HDD: 30G/60G/80G/120G
- LCD: 4.8 inches TFT Touch-screen LCD 800*480
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA (HSDPA/HSUPA) CDMA/CDMA2000 1X/CDMA1X EVDO, TD-SCDMA TD-HSDPA
- Wireless WiFi 802.11b/g, WiMax(optional), Bluetooth, Stand-alone GPS
- Camera Specifications: CMOS, 300k/1.3 Million
- Ports: 1 x earphone jack,1 x microphone jack,Docking Connector (include VGA output signal ), 1 x USB 2.0, SIM Slot
- Battery: Removable Lithium-ion
- Talk time: About 5 hours, Stand by time: about 5 days
- Real life: About 7 hours(Standard), about 12 hours(Large)
- Talk time: Standby time Operation time may vary depending different usage.
- Weight: 400g (include battery)
And here is a video of it in action:
Would the ability to run a full version of Windows be enough for you to abandon your current phone?