AMD’s new entry-level quad-core delivers good performance, but it only beats the Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 and the dual-cores in 3DMark’s CPU test.
Intel’s Core 2 architecture delivers more performance per clock in Far Cry. Even the Phenom II X2 550 can beat the new quad-core thanks to its faster clock speed. However, the gap isn’t too large.
AMD’s Athlon II X4 620 is a match for the Core 2 Quad Q8200 in GTA IV. This game title benefits from quad-core processors more than from fast clock speeds.
Left 4 Dead is sensitive to clock speed, hence the other processors are faster.
- Phenom II Without L3 Cache = Athlon II
- AMD’s Processor Lineup: A Yield Party
- AMD's Athlon II X4 620
- All AMD 45nm Processor Models Compared
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2009, PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark, 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Power Consumption And Efficiency