Audio Encoding Benchmarks
Apple’s iTunes wants clock speed and performance per clock cycle since it isn’t optimized to take advantage of multi-core processors.
The same applies to Lame. The Core 2 Duo E8600 at 3.33 GHz is tops here.
Video Transcoding Benchmarks
AMD’s Athlon II X4 620 can beat its main competitor, the Core 2 Quad Q8200, in the DivX video transcoding benchmark.
However, AMD’s chip cannot beat the Q8200 in the same test using the XviD codec.
The MainConcept H.264 encoder is well-optimized to take advantage of multiple cores, explaining why the new Athlon II X4 does really well in this benchmark.
- Phenom II Without L3 Cache = Athlon II
- AMD’s Processor Lineup: A Yield Party
- AMD's Athlon II X4 620
- All AMD 45nm Processor Models Compared
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2009, PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark, 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Power Consumption And Efficiency