As usual, 3DMark Vantage is the first synthetic we'll scrutinize. We can see how 3DMark shows a close race between these two systems at stock speeds, but the new Core i5 system really wakes up when overclocked.
PCMark seems to have a real affinity for the Core i5 compared to AMD's Phenom II.
SiSoftware's Sandra synthetic benchmarks give the Core i5 system props for CPU arithmetic and memory bandwidth, but the Phenom II fares a little better in the CPU multi-media benchmarks.
- System Builder Marathon: $1,300 Enthusiast System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Case
- Video Cards And Power Supply
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Game Benchmarks: First-Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks: Real-Time Strategy And Flight Sim
- Game Benchmarks: Role-Playing Game
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks