Once you have the CrossFire Edition graphics card and your existing X8xx series card, you will need an Xpress 200 CrossFire Edition motherboard. Many vendors arranged to have these available along with this launch, so if you like one particular vendor over another, you should have your choice.
Also, there are two versions of the chipset available for the Xpress 200, one for Intel and one for AMD.
The layout of the Intel based Xpress 200 chipset
The layout of the AMD Xpress 200 chipset
The reference motherboard we received from ATI had the socket 939 AMD version of the Xpress 200 chipset.
- CrossFire: The Refresher Course
- Advantages Of CrossFire Over SLI
- Image Rendering Modes
- Alternative Frame Rendering (AFR) Mode
- Xpress 200: The Nervous System Of CrossFire
- Catalyst: The Last Piece Of The Puzzle
- Benchmarks - What We Use And Why
- The Systems
- 3DMark 2003
- Doom 3
- Benchmark Conclusions
- Other Tests