Intel repeatedly mentioned dual graphics capabilities at the Developer Forum this spring, but did not provide details. The D955XKB Desktop Board is ready for a second x16 slot, but it wasn't installed. With NVIDIA pushing SLI and ATI developing AMR, Intel seems to realize the importance of dual graphics support at the high end.
550 W Enermax Power Supply
At 550 Watts, the power supply should be strong enough for our test purposes.
Micron PC2-5300 At CL5
Intel is using CL5 memory; it should operate at a CAS latency of four clock cycles too, though this has not been validated. As the Intel specification does not provide for faster timings, we left the CL5 setting unchanged this time.
- Pentium Extreme Edition And Pentium D 840 Under Scrutiny
- Intel's Changed Information Strategy
- Inside The Dual Core 'Smithfield'
- Pentium Processor Extreme Edition 840
- Pentium D Processor 840
- Pentium D Pricing
- Intel Reference Cooler With More Copper And Larger Surface
- Overclocking To 4 GHz
- Test System: Anchor Creek Platform / 955X With DDR2-667
- Optional Dual Graphics
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- DirectX 9
- Synthetic, Continued
- Performance Evaluation
- Conclusion: A Milestone To Be Set