RAID 1.5 produces a few advantages for mid-range query depths in the fileserver application model. Only when 64 or more sequential blocks are called (typical sequential reading) is RAID 0 able to play its trumps.
Application Performance: Webserver
The webserver profile also shows advantages for RAID 1.5 - this time as clear as day!
- RAID 1.5 With Two Hard Drives: Added Value Or A Marketing Gag?
- HighPoint HPT372N
- RAID 15 And RAID 1.5 In Detail
- RAID 1.5 From HighPoint: Striping With Parity Data
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- Data Transfer Performance
- Application Performance: Fileserver
- Conclusion: Pros And Cons For RAID 1.5 Balance Out