The throughput of the new F2 EcoGreen is impressive, but even the F1 does really well. Despite its slow rotation speed of 5,400 RPM, it manages to outperform the two-year-old Spinpoint T166. Keep in mind that fast 7,200 RPM drives reach 130 MB/s these days, but 107 MB/s is still a pretty respectable result.
- 2007, 2008, 2009 Hard Drives Compared: 500-1500 GB
- Three Hard Drive Generations: What Has Changed?
- 2007: 500 GB Spinpoint T166 (HD501LJ)
- 2008: 1000 GB Spinpoint F1 EcoGreen (HD103UI)
- 2009: 1500 GB Spinpoint F2 EcoGreen (HD154UI)
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Throughput And Transfer Diagrams
- PCMark Vantage Application Performance
- Power Requirements
- Efficiency And Surface Temperature
- Normalized Results: Performance, Power And Efficiency