Sandra's math test gives the current build's Core 2 Extreme QX6850 four-core processor a whopping 124% lead over the former system's dual-core X6800.
The same lead seen in the CPU math tests applies to multimedia extensions tests.
Even memory bandwidth benefits from the faster four-core processor of the current system, its 30% Sandra 2005 increase exceeding that of its 25% faster FSB.
- System Builder Marathon September: The Articles
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850
- Motherboard: Asus Striker Extreme
- Memory: 2x 1 GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400
- Graphics Cards: Two Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX In SLI
- Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
- Hard Drives: Two Western Digital Caviar WD7500AAKS
- ATX Case And Cooling: Thermaltake Armor LCS
- Power Supply: Ultra Products X3 1000W Modular PSU
- Optical Drive: "Samsung" SH-203B
- Builder's Notes: You'd Think This Stuff Would Work Together?
- Builder's Notes, Continued
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- Synthetics, Continued
- Conclusion, Continued