Test Configuration And Methods
|Processor||Intel Celeron 800 MHz|
|Memory||256 MB PC100|
|Hard disk||Western Digital WD400 40 Go|
|CD readers||Teac CD540E and Pioneer A105S|
|Graphics adapter||ATI Radeon 64 MB DDR|
|Drivers & software|
|OS||Windows XP Professional|
|Benchmarks & control|
|Application benches||- Nero Burning Rom 126.96.36.199- Clone CD 188.8.131.52- Padus Disc Juggler 3.50.118|
|Performance benches||- CD Speed 99- DAE Speed 99- CDR Diagnostics 0.1.7.0- CDR Analyser|
Each burner was tested according to the most exact and thorough method possible. The tests were carried out as follows:
- Time taken to burn 650 MB. The operation was effected from hard disk to 3 80-minute Memorex CD-Rs made by CMC Magnetics of type 6. The software was Nero Burning Rom 184.108.40.206.
- Time taken for a CD-to-CD copy on 2 identical CD-Rs. The software was Nero Burning Rom 220.127.116.11.
- DAO-RAW or SAO-RAW copy test with Clone CD 18.104.22.168 software.
- Analysis of a CD-R burnt at maximum speed using CD-R Diagnostics and CD Analyser.
- Burning of 5 CD-Rs from various makes (TDK, Philips, Mitsui, Memorex and Hi-Space) to test compatibility.
- Assessment of performance in reading and digital audio extraction using DAE Speed 99 and CD Speed 99 software.
- Estimate of speed in CD-RW mode.
- Overburning test.