Always frugal but never “cheap”, our $500 system looks great. But how does it perform? Today we’ll go over a few details of assembly and overclocking before jumping into the benchmarks. We’ll finish the day with a comparison of relative value between this low-budget gamer and our March System Builder Marathon “Low-Cost” configuration.
We’ll start with a quick price comparison of the two competitors. First, a second look at our $500 gaming system price sheet.
For a few dollars more, our System Builder Marathon’s “Low-Cost” configuration got a better graphics card and quad-core processor.
- Will It Game?
- Overclocking Details
- Test Configuration
- Benchmark Results: Crysis, Prey
- Supreme Commander, UT3, Warhammer
- Audio: iTunes, Lame MP3
- Applications: 3DS Max, Cinema4D, Photoshop, AVG, WinRAR
- Synthetics: 3D Mark 2006
- PC Mark 2005
- Sandra XII
- Average Performance Differences
- Performance Per Dollar, Conclusion