Rightly named SuperMulti Drive, LG's GSA-4120B is compatible with all the existing DVD formats, both for playing and burning. Its top speed is 12x in DVD+R mode. But it is also capable of burning DVD-Rs in 8x, DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs on 4x, and DVD-RAMs in 5x. This last format is not often found in Europe and is generally confined to professional use. So it's a real multipurpose burner that also has double-layer technology (DVD+R DL).
LG developed its GSA-4120B LG through the Joint Venture HL Data Storage (Hitachi-LG Data Storage) using a processor (LSI) that combines the two chips used previously in its other burners.
- Double-Layer Recordable DVD's Place In History
- Double-layer: The Latest Technology
- How Does It Work?
- BenQ DW-1600A
- LG GSA-4120B
- Lite-On SOHW-832S
- Test Configuration
- CD Read Tests
- Single-layer DVD Read Tests
- Double Layer DVD Read Tests
- CD-R Burning Tests
- CD-RW Writing Tests
- Single Layer DVD Writing Test
- Double Layer DVD Writing Test
- DVD-RW And DVD+RW Burning Tests