Results - Test 2
In the second test, we used Nero CD Speed 2000 to show the differences between USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and IDE in CD writing performance.
Test 2a, Stage 1 - Results of the CD burning test with the Impulse attached to a USB 1.1 port.
As with the USB 1.1 Digital Audio Extraction test, we see that USB 1.1 will not let the drive do what it is capable of doing. This drive is a 16x writer; with an average write speed of 3.03x, we are seriously considering taking on a quest for a motherboard with onboard USB 2.0.
Results - Test 2, Stage 2
Test 2a, Stage 2 - Results of the CD burning test with the Impulse attached to a USB 2.0 port.
15.96x is close enough to 16x to call it 16x. It was nice to see that the drive is doing what it is capable of doing. Let's hope that we don't see any firmware related issues when we drop it on the IDE channel.
- Introduction, Continued
- IOGEAR Supplied USB 2.0 Devices
- The Technical Specifications For The Impulse
- ION - GHE125U 2.5" Notebook Hard Drive USB 2.0 External Enclosure
- Test Configuration
- Test Results 1
- Results - Test 1, Stage 3
- Results - Test 1b
- Results - Test 1b, Stage 2
- Test Results 2
- Results - Test 2, Stage 3
- Results - Test 2b, Stage 2
- Test Results 3
- Results - Test 3, Stage 3