Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 435
The AMD Athlon II X3 435 may lack the shared L3 cache found in AMD’s Phenom II processors, but it still offers tremendous value with three processing cores, 2.9 GHz stock clock speeds, and solid overclocking potential.
The 3.0 GHz Athlon II X3 440 has since been released at this same price point, reducing the cost of our processor to $75.
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-SD964
The Xigmatek HDT-SD964 offers a good blend of size, performance, noise, and affordability. Heat is dissipated by four copper heat pipes, aluminum fins, and a 92mm variable-speed, pulse-width modulation (PWM) fan.
- Finding Balance
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Cards And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Hardware Installation
- Unlocking: Success!
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: MW2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, And DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power Consumption, Performance Summary, And Efficiency