Nvidia today released version 197.45 of its Forceware drivers for users of GeForce and Ion products. Those of you who are rocking out with the new Adobe suite will definitely want to get these.
New in Version 197.45
* Recommended for the best performance with the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Adds support for the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Fixes a video playback issue in Media Player Classic.
Existing Support in Release 197 Drivers
* Supports Next Generation ION.
* Supports GeForce GT 320 , GeForce GT 330 , and GeForce GT 340 .
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 184.108.40.206 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology