Here's a list of all six Holiday Buyer's Guides. To see earlier guides, just click on the appropriate link.
- CPUs, Memory, Motherboards, Coolers, Tom's Hardware, November 1, 2007
- Home and Portable Video, Audio, and Networking, Tom's Guide (this is it)
- Games and Accessories, Tom's Games, November 23, 2007
- Graphics Cards, Peripherals and High-End Desktops, Tom's Hardware, December 3, 2007
- Consoles, Gaming PCs, and Gaming Accessories, Tom's Games, December 12, 2007
- Notebooks, Digital Cameras, and Camcorders, Tom's Guide, December 21, 2007
By Ed Tittel
Welcome to the second installment of the Tom's 2007 Holiday Buyer's Guide. With the help of the editors at Tom's Guide and our able Editorial Production Coordinator, Sarah Townsend, we put together a spicy set of gift suggestions for consumer electronics junkies. Those in need of help when it comes to choosing just the right technology trinket for geeky friends, family, or loved ones will find lots of interesting and potentially beguiling stuff in this installment, and in the others that both precede and follow it.
Sarah's on nearly every page of this guide, just to make sure you get into the holiday spirit. Be sure to watch the video: The Making of the Tom's Holiday Buyer's Guide for even more of Sarah (and product shots, of course).
In this segment you'll see us wax eloquent about various wireless Draft 11n routers, streaming media and entertainment devices, and a pair of powerful headphones. We also cover a couple of nifty multi-port HDMI switches for those with more HDMI devices than places to plug them in (a problem to which we ourselves aspire), the new touch-screen iPod, and a snazzy media-savvy TV set. Last, but by no means least we include a brace of truly outstanding high-end color calibrated LCD displays for those who really need to view images or video in great and accurate detail and color.
In short, here are some gadgets and gizmos calculated to appeal to those with media to watch or catch in various ways, places, and formats. Please accompany us through a holiday landscape of possible gifts to bestow, if not items for your own wish list.