OCZ and Marvell team up to release the PCI Express Z-Drive R5 Solid State Solution
The Z-Drive R5 features a jointly developed "Kilimanjaro" OCZ and Marvell native PCIe to NAND flash controller platform, allowing for completely scalable performance and redundancy while eliminating the need for a separate storage controller, thus reducing the cost to deploy high performance solid state storage systems in the data center.
The Z-Drive R5 features advertised as the following:
- Incredible bandwidth capabilities and maximum transactional performance
- High capacities up to 12TB
- Ideal for all enterprise data types with both compressible and non-compressible files as well as large data sets
- Complete storage subsystem management with OCZ Virtualized Controller Architecture™ 3.0 software functions
- Compatible with VMware ESXi and ESX, Linux, Windows Server 2008, and OS X to support a wide range of systems and servers
- Complete power fail protection option for maximum data integrity
- Full height and half height sizes, ideal for space constrained 1U servers and multi-node rackmount servers
- MLC, eMLC, and SLC NAND Flash options
"Marvell is excited to work with OCZ on this native PCIe to NAND flash controller platform, based on our 88NV9145 silicon," said Alan Armstrong, vice president of Marketing for the Storage Business Group at Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. "We believe the PCIe SSD market will rapidly shift to a native PCIe to NAND architecture, and the Kilimanjaro platform represents OCZ and Marvell's strong collaboration in bringing this highly scalable architecture to market."
The Z-Drive R5 will debut at Storage Visions 2012 and at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show.